Artist in Residence
Artist in Residence
The Chelsea District Library’s Artist in Residence program is by curatorial invitation only and offers artists of multiple disciplines and authors the opportunity to showcase their their work in support of the library’s programming and initiatives.
2021 Artist in Residence
Frank “Allison” Cianciolo
Get to know the CDL Artist in Residence through his work on display in McKune, in person at the Chelsea Depot, and online.
October 4, A Conversation: Frank joins Dave Goulson, an accomplished British author, via zoom as they offer unique perspectives on the insects that share the world around us. Find out what the buzz is all about!
October 7, Artist Reception: This multifaceted artist will discuss his love for nature and photography which brought him to CDL for the Small Wonders exhibit, and will share his latest art animations at the Chelsea Depot.
Register early for these events! Need assistance? Call us: 734-475-8732 x219.
“As a child I learned of a place called the wilderness, a wild place far away. Throughout my life I’ve given wit, time and money to save this beautiful distant place. Through photographing insects I discovered the majestic wilderness that we need to save is right outside our windows.”
Events with Frank Cianciolo
StoryBook Trail Musical Tour with Frank Cianciolo
- Registration required: chelseadistrictlibrary.libnet.info/event/5520584
- Saturday, Sep. 11 | 1–2pm | Baker Woods Preserve | 11914 Trinkle Rd. | Ages 2+
- Bring the family for this StoryBook Trail guided tour with our Artist in Residence! Frank will perform music, tell stories of his own, and show how to best seek out bugs during nature exploration on any trail. Share your photos with us on Instagram and include #macrophotography, #FranksBugs or #naturephotography.
Outdoor Photography with Frank Cianciolo
- Registration required: chelseadistrictlibrary.libnet.info/event/5516350
- Wednesday, Sep. 15
- 4:30–6pm | Lyndon Township Hall | 17751 N. Territorial Rd.
- Come to the Lyndon Township Border-to-Border Trail for an outdoor photography workshop with Frank Cianciolo. Frank will bring along his macro camera to demonstrate tips to get his close-up shots. Participants may bring their own macro equipment or use their phone’s camera and are encouraged to share photographs they take on the trail! This program is suitable for all photography skill levels. Tag your photos with Frank or on the trail and share them on Instagram: #naturephotography, #
FranksBugs, or #macrophotography
An Evening with the Artist
- Registration required: chelseadistrictlibrary.libnet.info/event/5520446
- Thursday, Oct. 7 | 6–8 pm | Chelsea Depot
- Join multi-talented artist Frank Cianciolo for an evening of entertainment as he shares stories and art at the historic Chelsea Depot. Light refreshments will be served at 5:30 pm.